Web Designers always hunt for the best and latest web design tools to impress their clients and its a never ending race between the competitor organizations. Web designing is an ever-changing industry that brings new tools and trends in the market every now and then. These tools and trends can certainly improve the level of creativity within your own skills.
This year has been very exciting for web designers with new tools entering the market. Software developers are making a strong comeback with a wide collection of tools that aim to make the life of a web designer a lot easier and convenient.
Recommended Reading : 7 Superb Tools and Scripts for Speedy Web Development
Whether you are planning to give your skills and creativity a push or looking to build a career in web designing, it is always a bright idea to stay up to date with latest trends and tools. Thus, we have compiled a list of latest web design tools that you must try this year.
Best Web Design Tools that you Cannot Live Without if Addicted
Pixate is an impressive and powerful web design tools that can be used to develop interactive prototypes for Android and iOS. The tool comes equipped with a drag and drop interaction and animation panel, which sets Pixate apart from other web design tools. In order to understand and learn Pixate, all you need to do is sign up on the official website and click “learn”, you will be redirected to a number of video tutorials, documentation, and demos.
Additional features of Pixate:
- Optimized completely for better and faster speed
- Lets you zoom in and out in steps (12.5%, 25%, 50%, 100%, 200%) for better clarity
- Supports audio and video assets in prototypes
- Comes integrated with scroll interaction to the layer
- Has new controls for distributing and aligning layers in the properties pane
- Has smoother and accurate shift-drag resizing
Atomic is yet another powerful web design tools ideal for developing interacting prototypes on various different devices. The tool lets you create prototypes in your browser, on PC or Mac, and see it on any device. Atomic is a premium web design tool which is available in 3 different packages starting at $15 per month.
Additional features of Atomic:
- Allows you to explore interactions that come in different gestures and triggers like double tap, hover, swipe and much more
- Equipped with advanced motion timeline that creates magical automatic transitions
- Lets you keep track of your history
- Also enables you to work in collaboration with your team
- Allows you to share your prototypes with just a link
Affinity is a well-designed and a modern website designing tool that is developed to be a dedicated graphic and web design tool. In fact, Affinity has been referred as a Photoshop Killer by some. Affinity Photo v1.4 is packed with an amazing feature of Panorama persona which is a resourceful workspace for building multi-image composites.
Additional features of Affinity:
- Comes integrated with an adjustable nondestructive layer that allow you to adjust vectors and images hassle free
- Offers 1,000,000 percetn zoom
- Has history and undo features that allow you to go back 8,000 steps
- Compatible with Mac and Windows
Slack, handy team communication tool, has become a popular choice among web designers. The rising popularity of Slack and outstanding features integrated into it have even persuaded NASA to use it to make their working lives productive, much simpler and convenient. Being available in both free and premium versions, Slack allows web designers to use it. The premium version of this tool is available in 3 different packages starting at $6.67 per month.
Additional features of Slack:
- Comes with open channels to help you organize your team conversations
- Also has private channels for private conversations and sensitive information
- Lets you send direct messages to your colleagues
- Extremely easy to understand and use
Introduced in 2009 by Bohemian Coding, Sketch has managed to gain a huge popularity and massive user base. Since its inception, Sketch has been released in many versions with outstanding features like simplified vector modes, symbols and improved exporting.
Additional features of Sketch
- Comes equipped with new grid tool to create
- Has The Inspector for dimensions, positioning, opacity, and blending modes
- Lets you create a layer style and reuse it several times
- Offers multiple shadows, borders and fills
- Offers 4 different types of blur – background, zoom, motion, and Gaussian
Antetype makes it extremely easy for web designers to create responsive Uis for sites and apps. The tool works wonders for developing high-fidelity prototypes. However, it is not an ideal tool for production files, which is actually a good thing since Antetype is entirely a designer’s product instead of an app that replaces developers.
Additional features of Antetype:
- Equipped with 400 widgets for almost all major platforms
- Has a community for constant support and help
- Has an interaction feature that demonstrate the appearance of your prototype
- Offers easily reusable UI components
- Comes with almost all the tools to create high fidelity UI prototypes
- All the widgets come with several default states
Noun Project was first released on a website but then grown to integrate an Adobe widget that allows visitors to use a collection of shapes and symbols from different designers across the world. The tool lets you use, share and organize all your visual assets from your PC.
Additional features of Noun Project:
- Comes integrated with different facial features
- Easy to use and understand
- Equipped with automotive features
- Has a wide range of icons to choose from